Friday 27 May 2016

Gibson Premium Razors - Review

I've been using traditional safety razors and straight razors for quite some time now so I have a bit to compare this razor to. First the The Positive. The weight and feel of the razor in your hand is great.and it seems like it's solidly constructed. 5 stars there.
The Neutral, This is a non-adjustable razor, which I knew when purchasing it. The blade angle isn't what I'd call aggressive. That's not a bad thing for some people, but I like a slightly different angle.
Now, the Negative. The finish on the razor I received less than ideal. It looks like whatever chrome (?) plating they used bubbled in several places. not to the point of pitting yet, but definitely not smooth. Also, the head is smaller than the length of the blade, so the side edges stick out. I've never seen that before and not a fan. Minus 1 Star.

And speaking of blades. The original ad said we'd get 10 Feather blades, which are excellent high quality Japanese super-sharp blades.....instead they sent some blades from who-cares-istan. If you're going to promise one thing, deliver it! Minus 1 star.

All in all I got it on the $13 special, so I'm not too heartbroken about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment