Tuesday 14 June 2016

Micro Touch Safety Razor Chrome - This Is a Scraper, Not a Shaver!!!

After watching a TV commercial exposing the merits of the old fashion double edge razor as I had grown up shaving with, I decided to shun the expensive Gillette Mach razors and go back to the basics.

Now I know it has been 45 years since I had used a DE razor so I had to reeducate myself in my shaving techniques such as softening the bearded area by using soap and hot water. Also shaving lightly with the grain letting the weight of the razor to glide down and capture all the bearded areas. Also a light second shaving lightly against the grain was needed for a close shave.

However due to the cheapness of this product several problems emerged to prevent a close, clean and bloodless shave.
1. This razor is not an exact precision instrument. It is not built on a slight angle to capture the beard without scraping. Angled at 45 degrees it is a scrapper and with this razor being so light the blade drags against the skin and will cause nicks and cuts. It is a bleeding razor.
2. The razor after being used for about a month became hard to open and in fact I had to use pliers to open the butterfly blade opening. Very cheaply made.
3. I gave this razor a good 2 months trial, but between the razor scraping and burns along with the use of a styptic pencil I could no longer stand the pain. The shave was not that close! Very disappointing.

Not easily giving up, I pursued my quest for a perfect shave and found it in purchasing the Viking Blade Safety Razor which is quality built with a good weight and has a slight 30 degree angle and feels like a feather crossing your face and gives the closest shave that I have ever experienced. For a few dollars more with German precision. you can have that perfect shave also.

Micro Touch One is just a cheap imitation of a classic DE razor.

No comments:

Post a Comment