Monday 13 June 2016

WEISHI Long Handle Version Butterfly Open Double Edge Safety Razor Review

I purchased this razor because of cost and extra length of the handle. (My previous DE has a short handle) The metal finish is very well. The color is nice. The right blade and shaving soap go a along way when shaving as a lot of you can attest. For instance I found the combination of Wilkerson Classic blades and Van Der Hagen soap works very well with this razor. Personna blades and Captain Conk glycerin base soaps with this razor leave me nicked up in my humble opinion.

I suppose I can get use to the longer handle but 3 times now I have found the butterfly head mechanism working loose on its own during use thus causing the blade to flop around for a bad shave and of course nicks. (My other razors do not do this) So far I can control this by making sure I tighten the knob on the bottom of the handle with dry hands and a dry cloth to ensure a good grip on the razor blade. Not enough purchase of the handle to do this when your hands are wet, perhaps for instance when your hands are wet from the SHAVING PROCESS.

I would say the Weishi 9306CL long handle razor is worth the money paid for it but be weary of the butterfly mech working loose.

No comments:

Post a Comment